Saturday, April 6, 2013

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE (1980)

Basic Information: Directed: Ishmael Bernal; Story: Rolando Tinio; Screenplay: Rolando Tinio, Ishmael Bernal; Cast: Vilma Santos, Junior, Lloyd Samartino, Sheryl Cruz, Debraliz, Anita Linda, Liza Lorena; Film poster: Video48

Plot Description: No Available Data

Film Achievement: The single from the movie, “Yakap” was a hit single of film’s actor, Latin singer, Junior. The song has been covered by several local singers the more recent was by Charice.

Film Reviews: "...Junior -- Now 66 years old (can you believe that?), he was Vilma Santos' leading man in Good Morning Sunshine in 1980. Born Antonio Morales Barretto, he was born in Manila, but moved to Spain with his family when he was 15. He was already a popular singer in Spain when he tried Pinoy showbiz. After doing a series of local movies (another one of his films was Disco Madhouse with Lorna Tolentino and Rio Locsin) and record albums (Yakap is still memorable to me), he went back to Spain (his wife and kids were all living there) where he continued singing. Eventually, he managed the showbiz career of his wife, Rocio Durcal, but she died of cancer in 2006..." - Butch Francisco (READ MORE)

"...Ate Vi thus became the chief opponent of Nora Aunor as the movie queen of the 1970s. Her edge is that she also became the queen of hit disco movies filled with singing and dancing, like "Swing It, Baby," "Disco Fever," "Rock Baby Rock," "Let's Do the Salsa," and the movie she did with Latin idol Junior, "Good Morning Sunshine..." - Mario Bautista (READ MORE)

"...I credit Ronnie Henares for discovering me,” said Geleen. “He saw me in a fashion show in Hyatt in 1978. John Gaddi, my first dancing partner, and I were modeling na pa-sayaw-sayaw. I guess natuwa sa akin si Ronnie so he got me into Penthouse 7 hosted by Archie Lacson...I was Vilma’s choreographer for her movies (Disco Fever, Good Morning Sunshine, etc.) and at the same time I was also choreographing for Nora on her show Superstar. When Vilma had her own TV show, she got me as choreographer but I stayed with her for only one month. The network bosses told me that I shouldn’t be handling two superstars at the same time. Nora was on Channel 9 and Vilma was on Channel 13. Because of loyalty, I chose to stay with Nora kasi mas nauna naman ako sa kanya. I was with her for four years na at that time. But first, I talked to Vilma who is a ninang of my son Miggy. I left Vilma with a heavy heart..." - Ricardo F. Lo (READ MORE)

"...Every aspect of a Bernal film may not always be successfully realized, but his weakness is outshine by his strengths. In every film, he seems to be ready to try something new, whether it be a theme, conflict, character or scene. He is also out of the few major local directors to have covered the broadest range of film genres and theme with varying levels of success, from the historical drama, like the Bonifacio episode in the unreleased multi-million peso omnibus Lahing Pilipino (1976), to the disco musical Good Morning Sunshine (1980) and the personal, experimental films Nunal sa Tubig and Himala..." - Mario A. Hernando (READ MORE)






Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...